Labels

Monday, October 26, 2015

CARROT GINGER JUICE










I've been spending the last two months settling down in Sweden and so far I'm loving it. The weather has been wonderful this fall but it's getting colder every day now. For the last few days I haven't been feeling as energetic as I usually do and I have a little bit of a cold. One of the things I do in the winter time to keep me from getting a runny nose is juicing. This carrot ginger juice works wonders when I'm feeling under the weather. The combination of carrot, ginger, lemon and mint is amazing.

If you prefer your juices a little sweet you can throw in an apple or two but I think it's perfect as it is. 




One of the few things I brought with me from Iceland was my new whole slow juicer from Kuvings. This juicer is my favorite kitchen appliance by far. Every drop ends up in your glass and the pulp comes out almost completely dry. It's also super easy to clean witch makes juicing much less time consuming that it can often be. If you're planning on buying a new juicer I highly recommend the one from Kuvings. 


Ingredients:
5 medium sized carrots
1 cucumber
1 lemon
A little bit of ginger
Mint leaves

Instructions:
A slow press juicer works a little bit differently from the regular juicer. As the name implies it works slowly so you have to be a bit patient. Unlike conventional juicers the slow presser doesn't need your muscle assistance, so make sure not to push the food down. As soon as the food touches the blades the machine doesn't need any more help. My advise is to put only one item at a time so the juicer can work through it as well as possible.



Have a nice week and I hope you enjoy the recipe. <3