Labels

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Crunchy gluten-free granola



Home made granola can be super versatile. It can be used as a part of a healthy breakfast, a little less healthy dessert or as a snack to eat on the go. It's so freaking delicious and easy to make!





This granola recipe contains a bit of maple syrup, but hey, it's still much healthier than most of the granola you find in supermarkets, and much cheaper as well. 



You only need 10 common ingredients, and it requires no special kitchen skills. It's perfect to make on a Sunday and keep over the week in a closed container. 































































My favorites ways to eat granola are:

  • with soy yoghurt and berries,
  • sprinkled on top of oatmeal,
  • as a snack 
  • or simply in a bowl with some ice cold almond milk.  


I make my granola with gluten-free rolled oats. It's not too easy to find good gluten-free granola in the store so this recipe is perfect for those who avoid gluten.

I topped it off with some dark chocolate and it made my day. 











I think you will love this recipe. It sure didn't take me long to eat it up!In the near future I also plan on experimenting with this recipe to make compact granola bars to have on the go.  

Let me know if you have a go at this, and as always, I would love hearing how you like it!




1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
a pinch of salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbs almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
a tiny bit of vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 150°c.

2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.

3. Add syrup, coconut oil and almond butter to a small saucepan and warm over medium heat for a few minutes. Stir frequently until the blend is well combined.

4. Pour the blend over the dry ingredients and mix well together. Spread the granola evenly on a large baking sheet.

5. Bake for about 15 minutes, take it out and stir it around, and bake for another 5 minutes. (My oven is a piece-of-crap so I had to watch it really carefully so it didn't burn. I had to stir it more often than once so mine wasn't as chunky as it would be in a nice oven. So when you make it for the first time you might want to watch it well.)

6. Let it cool before you eat it so it gets as crunchy as possible.

Enjoy!